We offer summer workshops for teachers to build educational capacity and help update them to recent developments in science and science education. Some of the workshops available are: River Source, Project WILD, Project Learning Tree and Roots and Shoots. For current workshops please visit our NEWS & EVENTS pages or call the ranch at (505) 425-1819.
LOCAL SCIENCE EDUCATIONAL SERVICES
We understand that some scientific concepts are difficult to teach, so we have put together a list of agencies in the area, who are available for classroom presentations, field trips, workshops, and who provide traveling education trunks.
Please see our NM Environmental Education Resources (Adobe PDF format). NM Environmental and Natural Resources Education Services
Science education needs assessment results 2009 (Adobe PDF format). 2009 Science Assessment
ONLINE EDUCATION RESOURCES
- Memorial Middle School and NMSU’s Online Curriculum Resources: a list of curriculum links in natural resources by theme
- Classroom Earth from the National Environmental Education Foundation
- Enivronmental Education Association of New Mexico
- EcoWISER is an online resource for NM educators, developed by River Source
- USGS Science Education resources for primary and secondary grade levels
Forests and Prairies
- USDA Conservation Education
- National Resource Conservation Service activities for backyard and soil conservation
- Project WILD